EPIC: How can I resolve the speaking section error message 'You need a plug-in. Please accept our certificate when you are asked'?
Posted by Lester Holmes (US) on 11 September 2008 03:04 PM
Product(s): Longman English Interactive, Focus on Grammar Interactive, Longman Placement Test, i-Zone, Azar Interactive
Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
Step A: Reset Java Certificate
2. Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sun" and delete the folder called "Java". Note: "<username>" refers to the name of the user's profile.
3. After you have deleted the "Java" folder, go back to the online course activity page. The Java certificate should pop up. Make sure to click on Run or Yes or Accept when you see the certificate message. If this doesn't resolve this issue, proceed to Steps B & C below.
B. Uninstall Java
1. Close all open browsers.
2. Go to the Control Panel and then double click on Add/Remove programs.
3. Uninstall all version of Java.
4. Restart your computer.
1. Download and install the latest version of Java.Click here to download Java.
2. Clear your browser's cache. Click here for instructions.
3. Open a new browser window and try the recording section again.
4. Make sure you accept the Java certificate when prompted.