Product(s): General |
User Type: General
Computer Type: Windows
Item: How to uninstall and reinstall Java plug-in
Uninstalling & Reinstalling Java
If you are unable to use our CD-ROM software product or access online content due to a Java conflict, you may need to follow the below instructions. These steps will help you completely remove Java from your computer (PC) and then reinstall it.
Uninstalling Java Components
- Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser.
- Click Start >> Control Panel.
- Depending on your computer operating system or configuration, you may have to click Start >> Settings >> Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Click once on any item listing Java Runtime Environment or JRE.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Follow steps 4 and 5 as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
- Restart your computer once all Java plug-ins have been removed.
- After restarting your computer, proceed with reinstalling Java… see below steps.
Reinstalling Java plug-in
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to http://www.java.com
- Click the button to download Java.
- The installer should begin automatically. If it does not, click the Manual Download link.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install Java.
- Restart your computer after the installation of Java.