Product(s): MyNorthStarLab, MyTopNotchLab, MyCuttingEdgeLab, MyLanguageLeaderLab, MyAcademicConnectionsLab, etc |
Category: Online products
User Type: General
Item: How to run the MyLab using Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 9 is not yet supported by some of Pearson’s systems, including the Pearson MyEnglishLab System (Pegasus). Customers who choose to upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 will be able to access these systems by switching Internet Explorer 9 to “Compatibility View.”
Please follow the below steps to use “Compatibility View” in Internet Explorer 9.
- Open Internet Explorer 9.
- Choose Compatibility View from the Tools menu.
If Compatibility View has already been chosen, Compatibility View is checked.
- To change back, click Tools/Compatibility View again.
Adding and removing sites from Compatibility View
You may want a site to always open in Compatibility View.
- Navigate to the site.
- Choose Compatibility View Settings from the Tools menu.
You will see the Compatibility View Settings popup window. The name of your current site is highlighted in the Add this website field.
- Click Add and Close to add the highlighted site.
The page will redisplay in Compatibility Mode.
To remove a site from Compatibility View Settings.
- Highlight its name in the field Websites you've added to Compatibility View.
- Click Remove and Close to remove the highlighted site.
The page will redisplay in standard mode.
Forced Compatibility View
Some sites currently force display in Compatibility View. If a site displays by default in Compatibility View, Compatibility View is grayed out and displays the Compatibility View icon
You should not add the site to your Compatibility View Settings since the site may be updated to compatibility with newer versions of Internet Explorer at any time.
- Compatibility View is site-specific. Changing to Compatibility View for one site will not affect other sites.
- If you are using two products on one domain, both will change to Compatibility Mode if one is changed. However, you may not see this until the window or tab refreshes. Press F5 to refresh the window or tab.