Product(s): TOEFL Teacher's Website|
Product Type: Online product
User Type: Teachers
Item: Why can't teachers hear the audio files recorded by student?
To hear audio files recorded by your student, you will need QuickTime Player 7 or higher installed on your computer. Please follow these steps to install and configure QuickTime Player.
- Verify that QuickTime Player is installed.
- Click on this link: http://browsertuneup.pearsoncmg.com. This web page will automatically check your computer for the QuickTime Player plug-in.
Note: The Browser Tune-up check page opens in a pop-up window. If you have a pop-up blocker, please allow this site as a popup.
- If your computer does not have QuickTime Player installed, click on the Get it button on the web page and then follow the instructions on the screen to install QuickTime Player.
- If your computer already has QuickTime Player installed, move to step "b" below.
- Configure QuickTime Player to play .mp3 audio files.
- Click on Start → Programs → QuickTime → QuickTime Player.
- From the Menu bar, click on Edit → Preferences → QuickTime Preferences.
- Click on the File Types tab.
- Make sure the box is checked for "MP3 - MPEG layer III movies and streams".
- Click Apply and then OK. You should now be able to hear the audio files recorded by your student.