How to install Access File for Pearson ELT "Network version" CD-ROMs product (LEI, UUEGi, FEGi, FOGi)?
Posted by Lester Pearson Support, Last modified by Lester Pearson Support on 08 July 2013 02:43 PM
Product(s): PCDP products
The below steps apply to the Network version of the following products:
The access files/license file for Pearson ELT CD-ROMs product (LEI, UUEGi, FEGi, FOGi) are usually sent in an email as an attachment.
Please Note: To use this course, the "Access Files" attach to the e-mail must be installed on the computer that performs the server installation. If you are not the person who is installing the software, please give this message and the Access Files to the person who is installing the software.
Please follow the steps below to install the Access File:
1) Do not open the Access File. If an Access File is modified, it will not work.
2) Save the Access File onto the server's desktop so that it will be easy to find.
3) Did you complete the course installation already?
a) If no, go to Step 4.
b) If yes, skip Step 4 and go to Step 5.
4) You can install the Access File during the course installation.
a) On the "Choose Access File" screen during the course installation, select Choose.
b) Browse to select the correct Access File from your computer's desktop and click Open.
c) Click Next, and then complete the course installation.
d) Skip Step 5 and go to Step 6.
5) If you have already done the course installation, you may install the Access File from the Administrator Tool.
a) Click Start > Programs > Longman CD-ROMs > [Course Name] > Administrator Tool.
b) Log in using the default password of "longman" (all lowercase letters). We recommend that you modify this password for security reasons.
c) Click the "Install Access File" link.
d) Browse to select the correct Access File from your computer's desktop, and then click Save.
e) A message should appear on the screen to say that the installation was successful.
6) Once you have successfully installed the Access File for a course, you may delete that Access File from the server's desktop.
7) Students will be able to double-click on the course's desktop icon to begin.
8) Repeat steps 1-6 for each Longman CD-ROM course.
That it! Thank you and enjoy the courses!
Helpful Support links
If you need further assistance, click here to contact technical support.