Products: LDOCE5, LAAD2, LDAE4, Word WiseISBN:--Category: DVD-ROMUser Type: Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8 with Flash Player plugin 10.3 and higherItem: LDOCE 5 does not run on Mac OS X computers
LDOCE5/LAAD2/LDAE4 for Mac OS X have a problem with recent Flash Player plugins and will need to be patched to make the application work. Please substitute LDOCE for any of the other dictionaries mentioned above.
Please follow these instructions to fix the Flash player issue:
Often, you also must do the following:
- Download the patch (below)
- Extract the folder on the Desktop
- Locate your application (Longman blue icon)
- Control + click on the ldoce5 icon and select 'Show Package, navigate to inside Contents => MacOS => plugins folder
- Drag the 2 files (NOT FOLDER) from the patch directory to its place in the `plugins folder`
- Close the window and run the program as normal
- At the top right of your screen, click on the magnifying glass and search for terminal.
- In terminal, type cd ~/Library and press enter.
- Then, type open . and press enter again (don't forget the full stop after open).
- Open the Preferences folder.
- Now, search for the ldoce5, macromedia and adobe folders (you might not have them all) and delete them.
- Restart your Mac.
For all enquiries related to the above or other issues, please don't hesitate to contact technical support